We’re on a mission to help home owners have a seamless and enjoyable home build
Is to take the stress out of building your new home so you can enjoy the fun and excitement of creating your dream. We do this by managing the entire construction process – from initial design to handing over the keys.
Why do we love what we do?
Our founder, Brian Whealing, recognised project management in the commercial world is critical to achieving a successful construction project. In the commercial world success requires:
– Remaining within a realistic budget
– Completing the construction project on time
– Creating a building according to the design specifications and quality expectations
When a neighbour asked Brian to step in to help him subdivide a block and build a second home, Brian realised home owners needed the same assistance. But they didn’t have anyone to turn to when building their own home.
That’s why he began Baja Projects. Brian wanted to help home owners build the home of their dreams without the stress and hassle they usually experience.
Here are 8 more reasons why you should ask Baja Projects to help you build your new home or major renovation:
- Integrity – We provide full transparency on all our recommendations.
- Trust – We work for you and never accept commission from the contractors we recommend.
- Reliability – You can rely on us to manage the build of your new home with the same care we’d give our own home.
- Quality – We set the bar high for the trades we engage to ensure your new home is built to a high standard.
- Communication – We’ll keep you fully informed about the progress of your new home and will always be upfront about any issues or building constraints.
- We listen – We take the time to really understand the aspirations you have for your new home.
- Respect & Safety – We treat all parties with respect and fairness. We also expect to be treated the same way.
- Safety – We strongly believe in the importance of safe work practices and safe construction sites.
Meet Brian and the Team
Project Manager & Founder of Baja Projects
Brian Whealing has over 30 years’ experience working as a Project Manager in commercial buildings such as shopping centres, apartment blocks, roadways and bridges.
He began his career as a quantity surveyor and estimator. This experience gave Brian a strong foundation for managing project costs and controlling variations. It’s also taught him to question a builder’s first suggestion when an issue occurs onsite. That’s because tradespeople will often look for the simplest solution for them to implement – not the best, long-term solution for the home owner.
Since 2015, Baja Projects has been helping owners:
– Struggling to find reputable builders
– Experiencing quality issues in their home build
– Worried about budget creep
– Minimise disruptions and achieve completion timeframes
– Grappling to solve a wealth of challenges throughout the build process
– Blocked by not knowing what to do next or who to turn to for help
Brian aims to empower all Australian home owners with the tools and guidance they need to ensure they have the best home building experience.
BA Property Economics & Construction